In the mind of fresh out engineers or those who didn’t work on the field of building, it may come out how we can analyze the seismic and structural load of a building.
What important points are taken into account before designing an earthquake resistance building analysis etc?
What is seismic analysis in a building?
It is the calculation of the response of a building structure to the earthquake.
What is Structural analysis in a building?
It is the determination of the effects of loads on building structures and their components on it.
What is the objective of the analysis of loads on the building?
- Estimation of dead loads, live loads, earthquake load( for beam, slab, columns, staircase, foundation, roofing for the safety of a building.
- Analysis and design of building for normal and earthquake load.
- To prepare the architectural drawing in terms of earthquake load.
- For the preliminary design to checking of structural members.
- For preparing the structural drawing.
- Drawing and detailing of reinforcement bars according to design data and ductility criteria
- Preparation of cost estimation.
Why analysis of building is necessary?
The analysis of building is necessary because it is more useful with rapid urbanization and lack of construction space. In the earthquake-prone zone, Seismic analysis will be compulsory for the construction of building in the future.
Reference Codes For building Analysis:
- Nepal National Building Code(NBC 000-1994) (For Nepal only)
- Indian Standard (IS) codes
- IS 456: 2000 Plain and Reinforced Concrete- Code of practice
- IS 875:1987 (Reaffirmed 1997) Code of Practice for Design Loads (Other)
- IS 1893(part I): 2002 Criteria for Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures
- Bureau of Indian Standards Special Publication
- Design Aids for Reinforced Concrete to IS 46-1978
- SP 22: Explanatory Handbook on Codes for Earthquake Engineering (IS 1893:1975 and IS 4326:1976)
- SP 24: Explanatory Handbook on Indian Standard Code of Practice for Plain and Reinforced Concrete IS 456;1978
- SP 34: Handbook on Concrete Reinforcement and Detailing
- Textbook on RCC Design, Earthquake, Engineering and other books.
Join our Facebook group: Engineering Knowledge
Sharing is caring. ??