In the construction work, a civil engineer works as a supervisor. A civil site engineer is who supervises the workers and responsible for the execution of work and control the subordinates.
Duties of a civil engineer at the site
- To finish the work in the estimated time.
- To follow the duties and responsibilities of his own position.
- Divide the work among the workers and direct and assist them in completing it.
- Use his own knowledge as a technical expert and lead the team.
- To train his/her juniors and motivate them.
- Evaluate the performance of the employees and encourage them.
- To develop discipline among employees.
- Correct the mistakes of employees and help them to solve the problem.
- To maintain the policies and procedures of the organization among the employees.
- Cooperate with co-workers.
- To take advice and assistance from the specialist when needed.
- Deal with public and political interference.
- Listen to the employee problems and trying to solve it.
- Make a work progress report and update it daily.
Also Read: Roles of Civil Engineers for Society
Responsibilities of a civil engineer as a supervisor
- As a site engineer, he/she is responsible for quality control.
- Site-engineer is responsible to work accordingly to the drawings and specifications of the work provided.
- He/she is responsible for keeping the cost of work according to the specified budget.
- Responsible for all the works executed by subordinates under his/her supervision.
- A site supervisor is responsible for dealing with parties and solves the issues raised or conflict at the site.
- As a site engineer, he/she has to supervise the work, prepare /check bills and check accounts.
- Site-engineer responsible for the delay of work and have to make a report on that with specific reasons.
- Site-supervisor is also responsible for coordination with the team and has to maintain a friendly environment at the site.