If you don’t have gadget there is no problem of falling in water. But I suspect who don’t love gadget. And in these present situation most people love to carry high end smartphones. They spend lot of money to buy that but the problem of having a gadget, especially smartphones there is the problem of water.
What if you drop your $1000 or below that price tag smartphone. Will you let go and buy another ? Absolutely, no.
So, first of all I suggest don’t be careless while you are working around swimming place or other place where you may drop of smartphone. I suggest you guys to have cover on your smartphone it protect your smartphone while falling in bare land or in water.
Even water resistance smartphones can not completely resist water they have their own limitations.
If your smartphone falls into water, these five measures you should take immediately
- Grad it and Switch off– Grab and take out the the smartphone as much as fast when it fall into water. After that immediately off your smartphone without doing any delay even if your phone is not dead after falling in water. There may arise a question in your mind why to switch off the smartphone after removing from the water if even it was not damaged by water. Because, after switching off, the smartphone’s internal circuit will not get power supply from battery due to which current will not flow on internal circuit where water reached through falling in water. As current did not circulate due to which the main portion of the smartphone called motherboard or processor get saved from short-circuit and being destroyed.
- Remove all removable things from smartphone – After getting off your smartphone remove those things which are removable. Remove the sim card, memory card and the phone’s cover. If phone back cover is removable and battery is also removable then remove it too. If you have cotton cloth or vacuum cleaner use it because it suck and taken out water.
- Shake your smartphone well – After removing all removable things from the smartphone shake it well to get out water from inside the holes, charging port and sim slot port. Then, the smartphones should be dried up. You can use toilet paper, Napkin or cotton cloths because these can help to absorb water and make the surface of smartphone dry.
- Put you smartphone in rice blow o use silica –
This is the most effective procedure. Are you serious ? Yes, I’m. Fill a blow with uncooked rice and put your smartphone on it. At least for 24 to 48 hours you should have keep the phone in the rice. And do not take out smartphone from rice in middle. If you have silica you can use it too. Take few pouch of silica and put it with wet smartphone in air tight plastic bag and let it dry for minimum 24 hours.
- Brush inside the smartphone with petrol – In visible parts with the help of brush use petrol to clean this help you to make rust free and the circuit free from water. Then put the battery if you removed before and switch on the smartphone.
If the internal power supply is not damage seriously due to water, the smartphone will start working.
Even after doing this the smartphone does not work, I suggest you to visit directly to the official place to repair the smartphone. Although, mostly brands have not given warranty to the water damaged smartphone. But after determining the maintenance costs, its on you whether or not to repair the smartphone’s depending upon .